DescriptionLong Barn, Long Barn Road. Late medieval timber-framed hall house, the hall partly reopened to its full height, to display the crown-post. The re-erected c16 barn at right angles, and the six grassed terraces constructed for Sir Harold Nicolson and Vita Sackville-West, who lived here 1915–30, before moving to Sissinghurst Castle. Dutch garden laid out for them by Lutyens, 1925. (Pevsner, 2012, p.534)
BibliographyPevsner N (2012) Kent: West and the Weald. The Buildings of England. New Haven: Yale University Press.
Also Cited In